Friday, January 3, 2014

Crochet Chunky Infinity Scarf


I found a link on Pinterest to this wonderful pattern by The Stingy Stitcher (check out her blog here: http://stingystitcher.blogspot.com/).




















Here is the link to the pattern: http://stingystitcher.blogspot.com/2011/10/infinity-scarf-once-again.html.


However, I decided to change it a little by using a chunkier yarn. I used Red Heart w/ Love yarn, and it took the entire skein to complete (I chose to make mine 68 rows, because that is what fit around my head twice.. it is more than what the pattern calls for but since the yarn is thicker you need more rows, make sure you try it on before finishing off). I used the same size crochet hook as the pattern calls for, size J/10(6.00mm).

Tip: I bought the Red Heart w/ Love yarn from Jo-Ann Fabrics. It is originally $5.49 a skein, but if you download the Jo-Ann app they always have coupons on there for 40 or 50% off one regular priced item, just take your phone with you to the checkout counter and they can scan the coupon straight from your phone! So you can make this whole scarf for only 2.75 ;)

It's so warm and cozy!!

 




Now I'm working on a pink one too :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment